Sunday, September 18, 2011

Another Wonderful Semester at BYU-Idaho

   Another semester has begun at BYU-Idaho. Along with the beginning of the semester comes the heavy traffic of people both on and off campus. Rexburg appears to be alive once again. I find myself driving by assorted housing complexes in Rexburg and wondering, "How can everyone fit here?" It works...some how. It was an EXCITING week to say the least!

1st Day of School
Ready!

   I was able to get into all of the classes that I wanted to participate in for the semester. It took some time because I had to go through the whole process of dropping the online courses that I had already in order to replace the classes that my professors let me add. Anyways, it proves to be an exciting semester with quite a load for 12 credits. A couple of courses that are different for me this semester are my Psych 111 class and my Teachings of the Living Prophets class. Pscyh 111 marks the beginning of my minor classes, which is in Industrial Organizational Psychology. I'm already fascinated by the mind and behavior in people just from this first week of classes. My Teachings of the Living Prophets class is a religion course that I've been wanting to take for awhile, except now I'm doing it online. It's officially my first online class while at BYU-Idaho. I'm really curious to see how it all turns out. I honestly don't know what to expect. I have gotten many different opinions on online courses. Many of them ended in, "they're a nightmare!", but we'll see. I say, "Bring it on!"
   I'm truly grateful for family and friends who support us. If I were my own parent, I think that I would be fed up with helping pay for my schooling. My parents have never helped with complaint or unwillingness, but only with love and with teaching. I know that I have a lot to learn as far as becoming a parent to my own children (which our first is coming VERY soon).
   With all of the adding and dropping of classes, homework and study load, being a part of the Collegiate Singers, standing in the Financial Aid office line every other day, and work, it has been a great week! We finished it off with celebrating our friend Kandice's birthday on Saturday. Part of the celebration was held at our home, playing "Just Dance 2" on the Wii. Trish, though 9 months pregnant, still beat me on the robot dance. I was extremely impressed!! My wife's got skills!


Ethan and I dancing (which was being recorded by Trish; unknown to the both of us)

   Life continues onward. Trish is officially 38 weeks pregnant with Elliott today! We were told by our friends Mitch and Alaina Dooley that he can OFFICIALLY come any day now. With all of the excitement that has taken place just within the last week, there is nothing that I'm more excited for than to see that little guy!! I know that he'll be well taken care of because we're on the Lord's side. I'm so grateful for our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. It is through the Plan of Salvation that such happiness and joy can come to even this little family of ours. For this, I am eternally grateful.



1 comment:

  1. woo hoo! One week down, about 14 to go! Go Trish! We feel so honored to be mentioned in blogland :o) Seriously. Let us know if we can do anything when little E makes his appearance. We've been there. We've done the no sleep thing! Let us come vacuum or do your dishes or whatever it is that YOU don't want to do! Your only job is to enjoy that little baby and help mama out. They aren't little for very long!

    ReplyDelete